Friday 26 July 2013

New Release, Duncan by Teresa Gabelman and interview




Okay as any fan would react, the MOMENT I found out Duncan was here I literally screamed with excitement. To have Teresa Gabelman here sharing with us is just the topping any fan would love to have. Welcome Teresa Gabelman to my blog today.
 
 

 
 

Duncan (The Protectors Series) Book #3


Leader of the VC Warriors Cincinnati branch, Duncan Roark, has devoted his long life to the Warriors he calls brothers and the Vampire Council, protecting innocents of both the vampire and human race. Things change suddenly when it is ordered that he and his fellow Warriors train human Social Workers to protect themselves in their new world of vampires. Falling in love with a human was something Duncan never thought possible, but love her he did. Now instead of being the ruthless leader he was trained to be, his focus has turned to finding the woman he loved and let go.

Pam Braxton is outgoing and loves her job working with children, but when she realizes her live in boyfriend, Kenny Lawrence, has been using her and her job for his illegal activities, she becomes withdrawn, and her world is turned upside down. Deciding to take matters into her own hands, she stays, trying to learn more of his betrayal so she could see him punished. That decision sucks her deeper into a relationship that has turned dangerous and abusive. Overhearing a plot that would put everyone she cares about at risk, she finds the courage to try to stop the monster who has threatened her friends and the man she truly loves. Now Pam is on the run, alone and with a secret that could change the already unbalanced world of vampires and humans.

As Duncan searches for Pam, the threat of losing his leadership role has the other Warriors worried, but their loyalty for Duncan is strong and they stand behind him. Duncan’s search is relentless; he knows he is not the only one looking for Pam. Even with his responsibilities slipping, he puts it all on the line to find the only woman he has ever loved. In a race against time, Duncan fights to find Pam before her past catches up to her. The Warrior’s path is clear: Find the woman he loves before the past finds her first.

 
Purchase links
 

B&N

 
 

Damon (The Protectors Series) Book #1

 

Damon DeMasters is a vampire warrior who has taken an oath to not only protect his own kind, but humans as well. Crimson Rush is the new drug on the streets and it’s their duty to find who is behind the selling of vampire blood and stop it.

 
As a social worker, Nicole Callahan fights for the right of every child placed in her care. There’s a war now as vampires have stepped out into the spotlight taking their place in society and the children are at the heart of it all.

 
Damon and his fellow warriors have been ordered by the Vampire Council to train Nicole and her colleagues against the dangers they now face in their new world. Even as sparks fly and tensions mount, Nicole and Damon depend on each other to protect the children of both races.

 

 
Purchase links



 
B&N


Jared (The Protectors Series) Book #2
 
The VC Warriors are an elite group of vampire who protect innocents, whether human or those of their own race. Jared Kincaid, along with other Warriors, are shocked when a fiery red head with a gun and attitude, bring news of young teens being turned into an army of half-breed vampires capable of taking out all VC Warriors.
 
Breaking into the famed VC Warriors compound was definitely not the smartest thing Tessa Pride has ever done, but she will do anything for her brother, Adam. The Warriors held the one person she knew was responsible for her brother being turned into a half-breed and nothing will stop her from getting what she needs to help her brother, not even a Warrior whose eyes could make her melt with one look.
 
Jared and Tessa join forces in a desperate scramble to find who is responsible. With a war between Warriors and half-breeds brewing, suspicions of traitors in their midst put the lives of everyone involved on the line.
Purchase links
 
B&N
 

Tell us some things about you that others never knew.
 
Jacquie: How did you come up with the name VC Warriors?
 
Teresa: Honestly, I have no clue. Well, yeah I do…kind of. Okay, I knew there was going to be a Council and Warriors and well they are vampires so it became the Vampire Council Warriors….aka….VC Warriors. I thought it was catchy.
 
Jacquie: What made you decide to become an author?
 
Teresa: When I was young I was in the hospital a lot. I was born with a club foot and had eight surgeries. Well I missed a lot of school and being in the hospital not many friends around. Anyway, I used my imagination a lot making up stories in my head. Years later when I started reading tons of books I would think about what I would do in the story if I didn’t like where it was going. So one day I sat down and started writing my own story at my job, wrote the whole thing on notebook paper in a darkroom, then went and bought a cheap computer and typed it out. Sent it to traditional publishers who sent it back with rejection slip after rejection slip, still have those rejections to this day. Then life happened and I stopped writing until I sat back down after my son was grown and wrote Damon, the first book in the Protectors Series.
 
Jacquie: What is one of your writing quirks?
 
Teresa: I don’t know if I really have a quirk. I do have a serious issue with calling people around me by the character’s name. Yeah, first time I called my husband Damon was touch and go for a minute until he just grinned shaking his head. He totally understands me…thank God. HA!
 
Jacquie: You write young adult/paranormal. Do you see yourself attempting to reach a different group of readers in the future? Maybe attempting stand-alone books, romance or even erotica one day?
 
Teresa: I do want to try to branch out, but haven’t really thought much about it. I am so focused on the Protectors Series now and once the awesome readers say… “Okay, that’s enough Teresa.” Then I’ll move on to something else. But yeah, I will do other things because I don’t think I can stop writing now.
 
Jacquie: How do you deal with your muse in the middle of the night when he won’t shut up?
 
Teresa: Oh, I listen and talk back. My muse is always here. No matter what I’m doing I am constantly thinking of the book I’m working on or the next book or both. I have so much in my head that my muse has a hard time breaking in and when he does oh boy do we have great conversations.
 
Jacquie: Any songs or music you listen to you when you write?
 
Teresa: I need noise. I can’t have quiet. Dogs need to be running around, the TV needs to be on and people talking. I need life around me. I don’t shut myself in a room. I am where the action is with my family. It’s when I do my best writing. Weird huh?
 
Jacquie: Who is your biggest inspiration?
 
Teresa: Anyone who has stepped up and did what they want to do no matter what the odds against them are. Indie anything…writers, bands, singers, artist, etc.!  Also being told, “You can’t do that.” is a big inspiration to me. I was told all my young life by doctors I wouldn’t walk right or I could never do sports. Guess what, I walk fine and I’m a third degree black belt in Taekwondo.  Tell me I can’t and man I am going for it with everything I’ve got. Same thing with writing. You have the people who roll their eyes, but that just inspires me more. I have many inspirations…LOL!
 
Jacquie: How many books can we hope to see in the Protector’s series?
 
Teresa: Well originally I was stopping at Duncan, but it has expanded to Sid, Adam and now maybe the new Warrior in town, Slade.
 
Jacquie: Who is your favorite character that you have written about?
 
Teresa: I would have to say Nicole. She is smart, not a pushover and has a smartass remark to everything. The best thing about Nicole she isn’t afraid to put the Warriors in their place.
 
Jacquie: How did you feel when you received your first 5 star review?
 
Teresa: Okay, my first five star review came from a reviewer from Bitten by Paranormal Romance on Damon. I received an email letting me know that it was up, but that was it. I immediately went to the site and just sat staring at my computer. Finally I found the review, but slammed my laptop shut and walked around my house talking to myself…I did this three times. My poor dogs just followed me around. On the fourth time I finally forced myself to look and it was five fangs. I cried on my couch with my dogs. No one else was home. One of my best moments of writing.
 
 
Do tell us your secrets.
 
Chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate with more chocolate and a little chocolate on top.
 
Night or day?   Night, because that’s when I get to write and spend time with family.
 
Sunrise or sunset?   Sunset to me is the most peaceful time of day. It’s also when I feel the most lonely, but still love it.
 
Country or rock music?   I love both. Grew up on hard good rock music like AC/DC, Metallica, Rush, Kiss and many more, but love county also. I just love music in general.
 
Fast food or home cooked? Home cooked if it’s not my own. HA! Pizza if it is.
 
Mild or spicy?  That’s hard. It depends on what it is. Mostly mild, but sometimes in the mood for some spice.
 
Hot or cold drinks?  Diet Pepsi from Speedway, oh yeah!
 
Snow or rain? Rain with thunder, lightening and a little bit of wind.
 
Spring, summer, fall, or winter?  Spring with fall a close second.
 
Favorite holiday?  Thanksgiving because Christmas is so darn stressful.
 
 
 
 
Author Bio
 
 
Hey friends! Thought I’d share a little information about myself. I live in a small town east of Cincinnati, Ohio with my husband, son, two crazy dogs and my son's snake, Steve Irwin…‘yuck’. I’m a third degree black belt in Taekwondo, a huge Mixed Martial Arts fan and I follow and support my husband’s MMA fight team, G-Force, which my son fights for. When not writing I’m either screaming like a crazy woman at MMA fights or reading in some quiet corner with my beloved Kindle. I absolutely love books that are fast reads filled with romance, humor, sexy alpha men and the women who drive them crazy.
 
Here are Teresa’s Stalking links
 

Here are the links to stalk the Warriors and their loves

 
 


5 comments:

  1. Teresa, I just want to say this was the most fun I've had in a long time. Thank you so much for agreeing to do this interview with me. It definitely was my pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific interview with an amzing author!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacquie great job on this interview - Teresa I have to say that I love each and every one of your books - keep them coming girl and i will keep reading them -- it was great getting to know a little more about you also -- these books are awesome

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a blast Jacquie and thanks so much for asking me. Anytime you have questions I have answers. HA! Love ya and thank again!!! You are the best!!!! HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great interview Teresa and Jacquie. I myself love each book Teresa from Damon book one to Jared book Two and now Duncan. I have watched you grow with each book. Each getting better and better. They were good from start to finish but you just through your self into each one. and I am proud to call you friend.

    ReplyDelete